Ita Crossbody Bag PDF Sewing Pattern
The Ita Crossbody is the perfect everyday pin bag. With enough room to both show off your pins and collectibles and tote your essentials without weighing you down, this bag hits a perfect balance between function and style. The semi-hidden zipper is both easy to install and to use. The curved top zipper allows the bag to open wide for easy access to your things. Make your own ita crossbody bag today!
This pattern includes two sizes: a large version that is approximately 12" wide by 9" tall, and a small version that is about 9.5" wide by 7" tall. Choose the version that suits your needs, or make both and be ready for any occasion!
- 3/4 yard exterior fabric (canvas, home decor, quilting cotton)
- 1 yard lining fabric (quilting cotton recommended)
- 1 yard fusible woven interfacing such as Pellon SF101 (optional)
- One approximately 15" by 15" piece of clear vinyl (12 gauge recommended)
- Approximately 2 yards 1" wide nylon webbing
- One 1" wide strap slider
- Two 1" D-rings (or ring type of your choice)
- One 18" or longer purse zipper
- One 12" or longer normal zipper
- 3 yards extra wide, double fold bias tape that coordinates with lining
- Coordinating thread
- Chalk or disappearing ink marker
- Sewing machine with non-stick/Teflon foot and zipper foot
- Heavy duty sewing machine needles (if using heavy weight fabric)
This is an intermediate level sewing pattern. It involves sewing through thick layers and installing zippers and bias tape. Ambitious beginners will push themselves and learn new skills taking this on!
This pattern and instructions are copyright Alex Lynn Crafts, 2018. It may not be distributed or resold without the permission of the author. This pattern may be used for personal and commercial uses by individual sewists and crafters only. It may not be used for mass production. When selling products made using this pattern and tutorial, please credit Alex Lynn Crafts.